Members of the Nigeria Labour Congress and other trade union on Tuesday urged President Muhammadu Buhari to investigate some states that refused to pay the civil servants salaries up to date despite the”Bail out Fund” released to them for that purpose.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the workers also lamented the inability of the state government to meet their demands last year even as they urged the state government to prioritise their welfare for improved productivity.
Chairman of Nigeria Labour Congress in the state, Comrade Yekeen Agunbiade, made the call while speaking during the May Day celebrations in Ilorin, the state capital .
The Senior Special Assistant to Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed on Media and Communications,Dr Muhideen Akorede said, “Kwara state government takes note of the outstanding issues and assures workers in the state that it is looking into the issues raised within the context of the current economic situation in state and indeed in the whole country.”
‘We however need to emphasise that government values the contribution of workers and has ensured their welfare through regular payment of salaries and pensions to state workers.The issues of pension and gratuity at local government will depend on the capacity of that tier of government to pay,”he added.
The NLC chairman in his address said “In this same venue last year,we presented quite a number of issues/demands,but since then none of them has been attended to up till now”
He listed the demands as included,Zenith Bank shares;outstanding gratuity of retired local government workers and primary school teachers since 2008,and payment of outstanding 50% CONHESS to health workers in the state which has lingered more than enough as well as shortage of staff in our state owned health institutions.
Others are adjustment of Pension and gratuity of the compulsorily retired school principals based on Principal special Grade level 16;Weigh-in allowance to workers in the media and cultural sectors,payment of 2018 annual increment that was to be paid in January,2018 which is yet to be paid till date;complete absorption of FADAMA staff in ADP and lack of implementation of promotion in Kwara State Teaching Service Commission(TESCOM) and kwara State Basic Education Board(SUBEB).
The NLC boss also appealed to the state government to convert the punishment of workers dismissed over fake certificate scandal to compulsory retirement because of the number of years they had spent in service.
He also appealed for the continuous release of N150M for the payment of gratuity to the state pensioners in the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment