The leadership of the Kwara State House of Assembly has resolved unanimously that the sixteen local councils in Kwara state be suspended forthwith pending their investigations.
The house made the decision during the plenary presided over by Speaker, Rt Hon. Yakubu Danladi on Tuesday.
This follows the deliberations on petition against the councils leadership.
A petition raised before KWHA against d 16 local govt councils over maladministration since their inception by one Saidu Aliyu.
House Leader presenting the petition on behalf of the petitioner.
- BREAKING… Kwara Governor rejoices with PDP over Appeal Court verdict
- BREAKING…. Appeal Court declares PDP winner of Ilorin South assembly elections
- EFCC arraigns former Finance Commissioner, Demola Banu today
- Adelabu floors Seyi Makinde at Appeal Court
- Suspected political thugs set Kogi SDP secretariat ablaze
- SERAP sends anti-Buhari open letter to Archbishop of Canterbury
- SAD…Ex-Petroleum Minister dies at 83
- BREAKING…President resigns after re-election
- Buhari rejoices with Kaigama over appointment
- See full names of newly promoted Army, Naval and Airforce Officers