The attention of the Office of his Excellency, the Deputy Governor of Kwara State, Mr Kayode Alabi has been drawn to a statement purportedly issued by Alhaji Oluwadamilare Saka on behalf of Oodua People’s Congress, Kwara State Chapter.
We like to categorically denounced the entire statement as it not a true reflection of what transpired during the visit by the Aare Onakakanfo of Yoruba land, Iba Ganiyu Adams to the Office of the Deputy Governor on Tuesday 29th October, 2019.
There is no iota of truth in the statement claiming that the present government under the leadership of Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq expressed commitment to install Yoruba Oba in Ilorin.
It is the fabrication of mischief makers from the pit of hell and bent on spreading what is not truth.
The Deputy Governor holds the stool of the Emir of Ilorin in high esteem and will never do anything to jeopardize the traditional institutions.
There was no time the name of the Emir or the stool was mentioned in the course of the visit by the Deputy Governor.
One wonders where such chronicle could have happened apart from someone planning mischief aimed at tarnishing the name and office of the Deputy Governor.
A check on all the media outfits that used the story on Tuesday and Wednesday confirm that it was issued alongside the visit of the Brigade Commander 222 Armoured Brigade, Sobi
In as much as the government is for the people, it will not tolerate it openness to people to be taken for granted.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules