Kwara State Government has directed immediate temporary closure of some grant-aided schools in Ilorin, the state capital, pending resolution of the hijaab question in the schools.
The affected schools are:
1. C&S College Sabo Oke
2. ST. Anthony College, Offa Road
3. ECWA School, Oja Iya
4. Surulere Baptist Secondary School
5. Bishop Smith Secondary School, Agba Dam
6. CAC Secondary School Asa Dam
7. St. Barnabas Secondary School Sabo Oke
8. St. John School Maraba
9. St. Williams Secondary School Taiwo Isale
10. St. James Secondary School Maraba
The closure comes as a government committee comprising representatives of the Muslim and Christian communities meets today to iron out the differences between the two communities.
Further communication will be issued to inform members of the public on the development.
Government calls for calm and urges parents and religious leaders to avoid actions or comments that may further split the two communities.
Mrs Mary Kemi Adeosun
Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development
February 19, 2021.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal