Contrary to the general acceptance of Thursday as 1st Shawwal across major countries of the world, the government of the Republic of Niger has announced the sighting of the Shawwal moon.
This however brought the month of Ramadan fasting to an end, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Malaysia, United Arab Emirate and Nigeria have since disclosed that new moon of Shawwal was not sighted in any part of the their regions.
Menawhile, Prime Minister Ouhoumoudou Mahamadou who made the announcement on Tuesday night said the crescent was sighted in three different regions of the country.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List