The Group Managing Director/CEO, Dr. Kamoru Yusuf, has urged government at all levels to adopt policy framework that will enhance the training of Nigerian youths in the areas of skill acquisition, science and Technology in order to transform the nation positively within a short period of time.
He stated this on Thursday while delivering his keynote address at the 2nd workshop organised by the Centre for International Education, Kwara State University, Malete with the theme: “Unveiling The Guru”, ROYAL NEWS reports.
At the event, the management of KWASU led by its Vice Chancellor, Professor Mohammed Mustapha Akanbi SAN unveiled the KAM Holding CEO as a “Guru” and formally announced him for an award of honorary doctorate of Business Administration of the university.
Yusuf who is also a member of National Council of the Manufacturers of Nigeria warned parents to desist from exporting their children abroad at tender ages adding that such decision is dangerous to their existence in future times.
He added that children should be given adequate attentions towards making them acquire background/basic knowledge from their nation in order to inject the principle of patriotism and morality in them.
“Science and Technology is the only way to develop our nation and government should ensure that youths are encouraged to dwell more in skillful careers in order to explore the numerous opportunities created by industrialists in Nigeria. We are exporting skills and paying high when we have many youths who have studied courses that are not relevant to industrialisation.
“We may be black in colour but we are not black in our brains. I have participated in many exhibitions where I have won many awards and made Nigeria and the entire black race proud”, Dr. Yusuf added.
In his remarks, the Deputy Governor of Kwara State, Mr. Kayode Alabi, commended Dr. Yusuf for his contributions and commitments to nation-building by creating jobs among other supports to the masses.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63