President Muhammadu Buhari has approved a special salary scale for teachers to celebrate world teachers day, today October 5th.
The president also increased the duration of service for teachers from 30 to 40 years.
According to the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu who made the announcement on behalf of the president, the increase in salary and duration of service is to encourage the teachers and improve quality of service rendered.
In other news, the Federal Government of Nigeria has directed all schools to reopen in the country on Monday, October 12th after months of closure due to COVID-19 pandemic.
The resumption date was announced by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, at a press briefing in Abuja today.
Adamu urged academic institutions adhere strictly to the guidelines for the reopening of schools initially announced by the presidential task force.
According to the Minister of Eduaction, state and private schools should work out their modalities to reopen their schools. while all unity schools (Federal Government Colleges) should open by October 12th.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi