President Muhammadu Buhari has approved a special salary scale for teachers to celebrate world teachers day, today October 5th.
The president also increased the duration of service for teachers from 30 to 40 years.
According to the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu who made the announcement on behalf of the president, the increase in salary and duration of service is to encourage the teachers and improve quality of service rendered.
In other news, the Federal Government of Nigeria has directed all schools to reopen in the country on Monday, October 12th after months of closure due to COVID-19 pandemic.
The resumption date was announced by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, at a press briefing in Abuja today.
Adamu urged academic institutions adhere strictly to the guidelines for the reopening of schools initially announced by the presidential task force.
According to the Minister of Eduaction, state and private schools should work out their modalities to reopen their schools. while all unity schools (Federal Government Colleges) should open by October 12th.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections