In a congratulatory message by his spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Thursday, the President joined family members, particularly his wife, Daisy, in celebrating with the former Chief of Army Staff(1975-1979).
He noted that Danjuma had served meritoriously in the military, and remained active in the private sector, providing employment for many, and sharing his experience with institutions and governments in shaping development policies.
President Buhari extolled the former Minister of Defence for his role in promoting democracy and democratic values in the country.
He also lauded him for regularly counseling political leaders on the need to put the nation first, and work for the greater good of citizens.
The president noted the kindheartedness of the former Chief of Army Staff in setting up a foundation that caters for the underprivileged, with commendable interventions in the health and educational sectors.
Buhari prayed for the wellbeing of the military officer and his family.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector