In a congratulatory message by his spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Thursday, the President joined family members, particularly his wife, Daisy, in celebrating with the former Chief of Army Staff(1975-1979).
He noted that Danjuma had served meritoriously in the military, and remained active in the private sector, providing employment for many, and sharing his experience with institutions and governments in shaping development policies.
President Buhari extolled the former Minister of Defence for his role in promoting democracy and democratic values in the country.
He also lauded him for regularly counseling political leaders on the need to put the nation first, and work for the greater good of citizens.
The president noted the kindheartedness of the former Chief of Army Staff in setting up a foundation that caters for the underprivileged, with commendable interventions in the health and educational sectors.
Buhari prayed for the wellbeing of the military officer and his family.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets