The outgoing Finance Director at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Benjamin Fakunle, has been arrested and detained by the Department of State Service (DSS).
Checks revealed that the Secret Service arrested him to understand his role in the recently published seven-year audited accounts of the CBN which is being alleged to have not followed stipulated accounting and reporting guidelines.
Fakunle who just retired is one among many officials of the apex bank who have bee arrested and interrogated as Jim Obazee, the Special Investigator appointed by President Bola Tinubu continues the investigation of CBN.
He was said to have been arrested Wednesday at his retirement party in Abuja and has since been in detention.
Fakunle, according finding, is being interrogated on why and how the accounting guidelines which allegedly deviated from the provisions of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) was used to prepare the published accounts of the CBN.
He would also be required to explain why some alleged N401 million was paid for the document as against the rules laid down by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin