The sum of N89.2 billion has been recovered by the Central Bank of Nigeria on excess and illegal charges slammed on customers by Nigeria banks.
This was disclosed at a 2-day public enlightenment fair in Calabar by the CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele represented by the acting director of corporate communication department CBN, Osita Nwanisobi. He said the amount which was at June 2021 was based on 23,526 complaint received from customers bordering on charges and other related matters.
He stated that the Apex bank executes some banking examination and he is guaranteed that banks are in very good condition and the financial system is stable, resilient, safe and sound.
The fair is aimed at divulging the policies and programmes with benefits of economic intervention of the bank to the people.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal