Chinese Muslims faithfuls have been ordered to hand over all copies of the Holy Quran or face punishment.
According to sources in the region, officials have been warning neighborhoods and mosques that ethnic minority Muslim families are being forced to hand in religious items including the Koran and prayer mats.
Muslim faithfuls of the Xinjiang province in China, have been ordered to hand over all copies of the Holy Quran or face ‘harsh’ punishment. Read also: Epileptic female lover die after marathon of sex with married man
They face severe punishment if they are discovered.According to Radio Free Asia, reports have emerged from Kashgar, Hotan and other regions of similar practices starting last week.
The spokesman for the exile World Uyghur Congress group, Dilxat Raxit said they received a notification saying that every single ethnic Uyghur must hand in any Islam-related items from their own home,Daily Mail reports.
Copies of the Koran and related items must be handed into the government authorities, and there are will be notices being broadcast via WeChat, China’s most popular social media app. Read also: 40-yr-old man rape, impregnate neighbor’s teen daughter
However, local officials, Xinjiang authorities earlier this year, began removing all Korans published more than five years ago due to extremist content.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion