The police charged the defendant who resides in Suleja Niger State, with criminal breach of trust and cheating.
He pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The judge, Sulyman Ola, ordered that the defendant be remanded in the Nigerian Correctional Service facility in Suleja, until Aug. 23.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Mr Chinedu Ogada told the court that the complainant, Khalid Ibrahim of No 38 Petan Crescent Dakwa Abuja, reported the matter at the Zuba Police Station on June 4.
Ogada said that the complainant gave the defendant N1.4million to supply him chickens.
He said that the defendant collected the money and dishonestly refused to supply the chickens to the complainant.
The prosecutor also told the court during police investigation, the defendant could not give a satisfactory account of his actions .
Ogada further state that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 312 and 322 of the Penal Code.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ