The Lagos State High Court in Igbosere has sent a lawyer, Udeme Otike-Odibi, back to Kirikiri Minimum Prison for allegedly killing her husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi.
Justice Adedayo Akintoye on Monday made an order that Udeme should be remanded in Kirikiri prison, shortly after the lawyer was arraigned before her on murder charges.
The Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecutions alleged that Udeme, 48 years old, stabbed to death her husband, Symphorosa, 50, at their residence on May 3, 2018.
The prosecuting counsel for the state, Babatunde Sunmonu, said the defendants had earlier threatened to stab her husband and eventually made good her threat.
He said after killing her husband who was also a lawyer, the defendant mutilated the corpse by cutting off the penis.
Sunmonu said Udeme acted contrary to sections 165(b) and 222 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
But the defendant pleaded not guilty to the allegations.
The judge, who adjourned the case till October 8, 2018, for commencement of trial, ordered that Udeme should be remanded in custody.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory