Oyo State has reported its biggest daily jump in coronavirus new cases in two months, ROYAL NEWS reports.
A further 72 persons tested positive for the virus on Friday, the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) revealed, up from 13 new cases the day before.
The latest figure has brought the total COVID-19 cases to 3,409 while 814 patients are currently being treated for the coronavirus illness in the state.
According to data on NCDC’s microsite, the COVID-19 recovery rate in the state has reached 74.95 per cent, while the fatality rate stands at 1.17 per cent.
As of Saturday morning, the total number of COVID-19 cases recorded in the country has reached 61,194, following 212 new coronavirus infections announced on Friday night by the health agency.
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000