Presenting they seized items at the command’s headquarters, Minna before newsmen on Monday, Comptroller Abubakar Adamu said that the command had deployed measures toward ensuring that “the area becomes unbearable to any form of smuggling activities”.
According to him, 140 rolls of foreign rugs, 50 bales of second-hand clothing, 920 kegs of petrol, eight motorcycles and 200 pieces of used tyres are also seized.
The controller said that this success was recorded due to the massive intelligence deployed during the operations, adding that by applying the rules of engagement during the operations, no casualties were recorded.
He also stated that with the posting of the Post Clearance Audit (PCA) and valuation officers to the command, the command had been able to recover N74,919,135 from demand notices and disposal of seized petrol.
Adamu warned the smugglers that the federal government’s directive on border closure is still in force in Babanna which is the only border station in the command, stressing that there would be no export or import activities through border until further notice.
“Let me again warn smugglers and criminal elements that we will always discover all illegal routes they use for their nefarious activities, make seizures, arrest and cripple their illegitimacy”, he said.
Adamu further said that the command had contacted traditional rulers, especially those at border areas to warn their wards and subjects to desist from smuggling while the youth in the border communities are being enlightened on the ills of smuggling and other related vices to the Nigerian economy.(NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community