This is with a view to joining the Voluntary Principles Association ( VPA) towards working to improve Security and Human Rights performance
Magashi made commitment at a meeting with the 7- man delegation of the Group held at the Ministry of Defence Headquarters, Ship House Abuja.
He also expressed satisfaction with the Multi – Stakeholders approach being adopted to improve Human Rights Performance within the public and private Security Sectors.
The Defence Minister promised collaborative efforts with the other relevant Ministries in a wide of variety of activities relating to Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights advocacy and training.
In their separate remarks Assistant High Commissioner, Canada, Kevin Tokar, British High Commissioner Catriona Laing and Australian High Commissioner Jonathan Ball appreciated the Minister of Defence for his enthusiasm to join and participate in the Voluntary Principles to protect human rights and security.
They disclosed that ten Countries including Nigeria have been initiated into Voluntary Principles Association (VPA) that are doing well in carrying out the core Mandates of the group.
The Canadian Assistant High Commissioner Mr Toker who led the delegation seized the opportunity of the meeting to invite the Minister of Defence to participate in the forthcoming Plenary of the Voluntary Principles Association in Canada by March this year.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA