The Ekiti Government has ordered immediate closure of all private and public schools following continued #EndSARS protests across the state
The State Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Dr Kofoworola Aderiye, disclosed this in a statement issued on Tuesday in Ado-Ekiti by Abimbola Dada, the Chief Information Officer in the ministry.
He said that the decision to close schools was a proactive step to safeguard the lives of pupils, students, teachers and other staff in the schools.
” It is also to accommodate difficulty being encountered by those finding it difficult to get to their respective schools,“ he said.
Aderiye said that school activities would resume on Oct. 26.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the protests continued in the early hours of Tuesday, with protesters blocking access roads in Ado Ekiti and other major towns in the state.
Movements were not allowed in many areas and sporadic shootings were reported in places like Okeila/Ado Ekiti Housing Estate road and Adebayo road, as many residents ran for dear lives.
The state secretariat which used to be a beehive of activities was almost empty as many workers stayed away.
The protesters had on Monday warned workers to either join them in the protest or keep off the roads.
However, relief came at noon when some transporters came out to remove some of the blockades on Ado Ekiti roads but this was not without the accompanying clashes.
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity