The Ekiti Government has ordered immediate closure of all private and public schools following continued #EndSARS protests across the state
The State Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Dr Kofoworola Aderiye, disclosed this in a statement issued on Tuesday in Ado-Ekiti by Abimbola Dada, the Chief Information Officer in the ministry.
He said that the decision to close schools was a proactive step to safeguard the lives of pupils, students, teachers and other staff in the schools.
” It is also to accommodate difficulty being encountered by those finding it difficult to get to their respective schools,“ he said.
Aderiye said that school activities would resume on Oct. 26.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the protests continued in the early hours of Tuesday, with protesters blocking access roads in Ado Ekiti and other major towns in the state.
Movements were not allowed in many areas and sporadic shootings were reported in places like Okeila/Ado Ekiti Housing Estate road and Adebayo road, as many residents ran for dear lives.
The state secretariat which used to be a beehive of activities was almost empty as many workers stayed away.
The protesters had on Monday warned workers to either join them in the protest or keep off the roads.
However, relief came at noon when some transporters came out to remove some of the blockades on Ado Ekiti roads but this was not without the accompanying clashes.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)