The All Progressives Congress (APC) has constituted a 61-member Ekiti State Governorship Campaign Council to be chaired by Gov. Abubakar Bagudu of Kebbi.
Alhaji Sulaiman Argungu, the party’s National Organising Secretary, announced this in a statement on Thursday in Abuja.
According to the statement, Deputy President of the Senate, Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege, Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo, Gov. Yahaya Bello of Kogi, Gov. Simon Lalong of Pleatue and Gov. Hope Uzodinma of Imo are all members of the council.
The statement added that Gov. Ben Ayade of Cross River and Babatunde Fashola, the Minister of Works and Housing, and Adeniyi Adebayo, Minister of Trade and Investment, are also mrmbers of the 61-member council.
Argungu said the council would be inaugurated by Sen. Abdullahi Adamu, the APC National Chairnan, on Monday, May 23, at the party’s national secretariat.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Ekiti State governorship election is scheduled for June 18, with Biodun Oyebanji as APC candidate for the election. (NAN)
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus