By Adekunle Ogbonaiye
Ekiti Professional Forum in the UK has lauded the Executive Governor
of Ekiti, Mr. Ayodele Fayose for the adoption of Prof. Olusola Eleka
as the Peoples’ Democratic Party ,PDP, credible candidate for Ekiti
2018 gubernatorial election.
The forum in a meeting recently held in London assess the present
political trends in Ekiti and unanimously lauded His Excellency, Mr.
Fayose for his decision in supporting the stakeholders of the party to
unilaterally adopt his deputy, Eleka who is a young and an intelligent
Professor at the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife,
Nigeria a purported candidate.
Having carried out an opinion poll, the forum discovered that Prof.
Eleka is a popular choice among the people due to his integrity and
credibility which perhaps prompted his adoption by the stakeholders of
This was a clear indication that Fayose is sincerely interested in the
development of Ekiti and that his love for the state goes beyond
personal interest. It also shows that the governor is not playing
politics with the future of our people.
This non-political forum is keenly following every development about
Ekiti 2018 gubernatorial election because of its interest in
contributing towards the development of the state.
In a statement made available to newsmen on Wednesday, the forum said:
“We are of the opinion that the institutional is the key to achieving
our goals towards Ekiti development and whoever becomes the governor
in 2018 election will suggest to us the kind of influence that
institutional factors will have on our investment in Ekiti
They stressed that institution is the rule of the game. Considering
the various unprecedented developmental projects that Fayose has been
doing, Ekiti needs an intelligent and outstanding individual like
Fayose to continue the good work in the state as four years in a life
time means a lot.
Hence, they call on all the people in Ekiti to elect a governor that
will not drag Ekiti backward again.
“We hope that every aspirant in the party and their supporters in
general will accept and embrace the candidature of Prof. Kolapo Eleka
as the best choice of major stakeholders in PDP and avoid working
against him and the party for selfish interest”
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants