By Adekunle Ogbonaiye
Ekiti Professional Forum in the UK has lauded the Executive Governor
of Ekiti, Mr. Ayodele Fayose for the adoption of Prof. Olusola Eleka
as the Peoples’ Democratic Party ,PDP, credible candidate for Ekiti
2018 gubernatorial election.
The forum in a meeting recently held in London assess the present
political trends in Ekiti and unanimously lauded His Excellency, Mr.
Fayose for his decision in supporting the stakeholders of the party to
unilaterally adopt his deputy, Eleka who is a young and an intelligent
Professor at the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife,
Nigeria a purported candidate.
Having carried out an opinion poll, the forum discovered that Prof.
Eleka is a popular choice among the people due to his integrity and
credibility which perhaps prompted his adoption by the stakeholders of
This was a clear indication that Fayose is sincerely interested in the
development of Ekiti and that his love for the state goes beyond
personal interest. It also shows that the governor is not playing
politics with the future of our people.
This non-political forum is keenly following every development about
Ekiti 2018 gubernatorial election because of its interest in
contributing towards the development of the state.
In a statement made available to newsmen on Wednesday, the forum said:
“We are of the opinion that the institutional is the key to achieving
our goals towards Ekiti development and whoever becomes the governor
in 2018 election will suggest to us the kind of influence that
institutional factors will have on our investment in Ekiti
They stressed that institution is the rule of the game. Considering
the various unprecedented developmental projects that Fayose has been
doing, Ekiti needs an intelligent and outstanding individual like
Fayose to continue the good work in the state as four years in a life
time means a lot.
Hence, they call on all the people in Ekiti to elect a governor that
will not drag Ekiti backward again.
“We hope that every aspirant in the party and their supporters in
general will accept and embrace the candidature of Prof. Kolapo Eleka
as the best choice of major stakeholders in PDP and avoid working
against him and the party for selfish interest”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment