The dates for 2019 presidential and vice presidential election debate has been fixed.
The Nigerian Election Debate Group (NEDG) and Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON) on Thursday announced that the vice presidential candidate debate is scheduled for December 14.
Also, the presidential debate will hold on January 19, next year, the BON Chairman, John Momoh, stated this at a news conference in Abuja.
Momoh said the debates will be aired on all BON member radio and television stations and also streamed on social media platforms.
He said: “The Nigerian Election Debate Group and the Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria are organising a presidential debate on December the 14th, 2018 and a vice presidential debate on January the 19th, 2019.
Read also: Atiku in Adamawa: vote out Buhari
“The debates would hold at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja and will be broadcast live on all BON member radio and television stations across the country.
“The debates will also be streamed live on all mobile and social media platforms such as Youtube, Facebook, Twitter And Instagram, to give it a global coverage,” Momoh said.
The issue-based debates will focus on restoring the economy, providing electricity, creating jobs, securing health care for every Nigerian, making and achieving excellence in every Nigerian school and ensuring safety and security for Nigerians.
Momoh said the NEDG will also set the formats and rules of the debate.
He said: “The NEDG would set the format and rules of the debate, handle moderation, outline the criteria for political party participation, ensure the objectivity of audiences and steer negotiations between broadcasters and the parties.
“Nigerians expect the leaders of all political parties to be challenged in a very public and robust way in these debates. Not just one of them, but a series of them.”
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG