The Emir of Gummi, Justice Lawal Hassan Gummi OFR (rtd) has sued for peace among inhabitants of Gummi Emirate Council and beyond in a bid to further promote lasting unity, harmony, growth and development in the society.
The monarch stated this while addressing members of the community as part of measures towards curbing the incessant security threats in some parts of the country stressing that, “No meaningful development can be achieved without absolute peace vis a vis, protections of lives and property.”
ROYAL NEWS gathered that Peace Pact was signed by the emirate council, major stakeholders as well as security agencies in order to ensure a sustainable security measures in the community.
He urged all stakeholders to be vigilant and conscious of strangers who may on the mission of truncating and polluting the peaceful atmosphere in the Emirate Council and in Gummi local government at large.
Justice Gummi however appealed to participants to continue to support the efforts of the Federal Government and the Zamfara State in combating crime and criminality in the nation in general as well as in the rural communities in particular.
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline
- Buhari rejoices with 90yr-old female Professor, Bolanle Awe