Ethiopian Airlines and a consortium of A. J. Walters/Glovesly/Egypt Air have been shortlisted by the Federal Government for its proposed aircraft Maintenance Repair and Overhaul facility.
The consortium of A. J. Walters/Glovesly/Egypt Air was also shortlisted as the preferred bidder for FG’s Aviation Leasing Company.
The Director, Public Affairs, Ministry of Aviation, James Odaudu, said in a statement the processes for the establishment of both the Aviation Leasing Company and the MRO facility were components of the Federal Government’s aviation sector roadmap.
Odaudu said the companies were selected during a process that involved officials of the Ministry of Aviation, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission, Federal Ministry of Finance, aviation labour unions, transaction advisers and prospective investors.
“At the end of the conferences, one company, a consortium of A. J. Walters/Glovesly/Egypt Air was shortlisted out of three for the Aviation Leasing Company. For the Maintenance Repair and Overhaul facility, two companies namely: A.J. Walters/Glovesly/Egypt Air and Ethiopian Airlines were shortlisted out of seven that expressed interest,” he said.
The Director, Planning, Research and Statistics and Chairman of the Project Delivery Team, Alhaji Muhammad Shehu, was quoted as saying the process marked another phase of the Federal Government’s determination to ensure the realization of the projects.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections