Former Katsina State Education Commissioner, Prof. Halimatu Idris, was killed by unknown gunmen on Sunday evening along the Kaduna/Abuja road.
Scores of staff at the headquarters of Katsina State Ministry of Education were in sober mood on Monday following the news of her murder.
She is being buried in Kaduna today (Monday) in accordance with Islamic rites.
Governor Aminu Masari, on his Twitter handle tweeted,
Our heartfelt condolences to the family of late Professor Halimatu S. Idris our immediate past Education Commissioner. May Allah forgive her shortcomings and reward her with Al Jannah Firdaus for her good deeds. May He give us the fortitude to bear the loss. Amin. pic.twitter.com/OJj9IUekAg
— Aminu Bello Masari (@GovernorMasari) July 23, 2018
News of professor Idris’s death was officially announced by the ministry’s public relations officer, Salisu Kerau, on his WhatsApp platform, where he also informed of her burial in Kaduna on Monday afternoon.
The announcement read, “Innalillahi Wa Inna ilaihi rajiun. The death has been announced of the former Commissioner of Education Katsina State, Prof. Halimatu Sadiya Idris.
“Funeral prayer is scheduled to hold at Unguwar Sarki Kaduna by 1:00pm.
“May Allah forgive all her shortcomings and grant her Aljanna.”
Investigation showed that Professor Idris was, on Sunday evening, gunned down by unknown gunmen suspected to be kidnappers along Abuja-Kaduna highway.
Professor Idris was Katsina Education Commissioner until December 2014.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections