A former depot worker in the Apapa area, Mr. Lekan Shonde, has been sentenced to death by hanging by an High Court sitting in Lagos, for killing his wife, Ronke.
Shonde, 51 allegedly beat his wife to death at their home in the Egbeda-Idimu area of Lagos State and was on Friday found guilty of the murder of his wife
He was alleged to have locked the door on the corpse and their two children before the incident was discovered by a housekeeper and later reported to the police.
The marriage, which was blessed with two children, aged six and four, was said to have been marred with domestic violence.
He accused Ronke of sleeping with one Kayode, the general manager of a publishing company.
In her judgement, Justice Josephine Oyefeso, sentenced Lekan to death based on the conviction that the convict killed his wife, Ronke.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC