A former depot worker in the Apapa area, Mr. Lekan Shonde, has been sentenced to death by hanging by an High Court sitting in Lagos, for killing his wife, Ronke.
Shonde, 51 allegedly beat his wife to death at their home in the Egbeda-Idimu area of Lagos State and was on Friday found guilty of the murder of his wife
He was alleged to have locked the door on the corpse and their two children before the incident was discovered by a housekeeper and later reported to the police.
The marriage, which was blessed with two children, aged six and four, was said to have been marred with domestic violence.
He accused Ronke of sleeping with one Kayode, the general manager of a publishing company.
In her judgement, Justice Josephine Oyefeso, sentenced Lekan to death based on the conviction that the convict killed his wife, Ronke.
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5