The Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Harmony FM ldofian in Kwara on Wednesday Secured freedom for two inmates at the llorin Prison after paying fines imposed on the two lucky inmates by courts.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the gesture was in fulfillment of annual event of the station aimed at touching the lives of the less privileged in the Society.
The two freed inmates are Babatunde Salami and Jamiu Aliyu.
The radio station paid a sum of N15,000 to secured the release of two of them.
The Acting Head of News and Current Affair Department with the station Mr Lawrence Afolabi who spoke on behalf of the General Manager. Alhaji Mualim Adegboyega said the gesture is to reciprocate what the station is gaining from the society.
Afolabi advised the two lucky inmates to refrain from all negative tendencies that can bring them back to Prison and allow the fear of God be their guiding principle in their activities.
Speaking in similar vein the Chairman of the Kwara State House of Assembly Correspondents who is with News and current affair department of the station, Alhaji AbdulRasaq Bello, advised the two freed inmates to turn a new leaf .
He added that this was one of the ways they can contribute their quotas meaningfully to the economic growth and development of the country.
In his remark the officer in charge of the llorin Prison, Mr Oyin Olanrewaju praised the foresight of the FRCN ldofian for the settlement of fines for the two inmates which led to their freedom.
The Officer-In-Charge of the Prison appealed to government establishments, Agencies Organisations and lndividuals to accept ex convict back to the society after the completion of their jail terms.
He described Prisons as rehabilitation centres where inmates normally imbibe norms that are in conformity with the aspiration of an egalitarian society.
The Prison Boss solicited more assistance of any kind from groups or corporate organisations to complement the Federal Government efforts on the upkeep of the inmates.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC