Another group of 37 governorship aspirants on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Thursday backed the decision of the National Working Committee(NWC) of the party to approve indirect primary to select its candidate for the November 16 governorship election in the state.
The group under the auspices of Coalition of Kogi APC Aspirants said they were confident of beating Governor Yahaya Bello at the primary because they believe that they have control of the delegates.
Spokesman of the group, Comrade Edime Godwin Amade, said the group of 20 aspirants kicking against the indirect mode of primary were working for the downfall of the party in the state, pointing out that the National Working Committee should not allow the group to pull the wool over their eyes.
He claimed that the fact that the state governor has built the party in the state to an enviable height is not an indication that he would win the primary and pick the party ticket.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74