The former Chief of Staff under the Danjuma Goje-led government in Gombe State, Mr. Umaru Chikere, has left the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Chikere, who served Goje in his first term, 2003-2007, joined the PDP with his supporters at a ceremony on Wednesday in Kumo, Gombe state.
Alhaji Garba Nasara, PDP Chairman of Akko Local Government Area received Chikere and other defectors.
Chikere is eyeing the Gombe central senatorial seat, now being occupied by Goje, a senator on the platform of the APC.
According to him, “We are now saying welcome back to PDP and assured you and your
supporters full support in the party”, Nasara said.
He said that Chikere and his supporters would be treated equally without discrimination.
Nasara advised the party supporters to get their Permanent Voters Card (PVCs) before the end of the registration to enable them contribute to the success of the party in 2019.
Chikere said he realised his mistakes of being in the APC, saying thatPDP was the right party for him.He thanked the people in the senatorial district for their support and encouragement to contest under the platform of the PDP.
The aspirant urged the party supporters to play the game of politics accordingly for their success.
Chikere promised to provide more dividends of democracy to the people if voted into power.
“It is time for us to join hands in order to win the election and fight for our right,“ he said.
He also promised to provide enough farm inputs for the farmers in the area to boost their production
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections