Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazak of Kwara State and his counterpart from the state of Osun, Isiaka Oyetola, have been shortlisted as winners of the prestigious Awards in governance by the Correspondents’ Chapel of the Nigerian Union of Journalist, (NUJ) Kwara Chapter.
According to a press release signed by the Press Week Committee Chairperson, Mrs Olubukola Aiyedogbon, the awards is part of the activities marking the 2022 Annual Press Week of the Correspondents’ Chapel.
The two day event is to be held on June 29 and 30, at the NUJ state Secretariat, Offa Road and the award night at the E-Phoenix, Hotel opposite Federal High Court, Fate road GRA Ilorin.
The Kwara State governor came top in the Human Capital Development Cader of the award and would be presented with a Human Capital Development Advocate, (HCDA) Award.
Governor AbdulRazak has made human capital development especially in the areas of education, empowerment and gender advocacy cardinal points of his governance policies.
To his credit, Kwara State, not only signed up as one of the child right act compliant states but also currently ranks as the only state with a Gender Mainstreaming law that recommends 35 percent public offices for the opposite sex.
While his counterpart, Governor Oyetola emerged winner on the strength of fiscal prudence, management of conflicts and infrastructure in Osun State. The governor bagged the Award Of Excellence In Good Governance, Leadership Ingenuity, and Efficient Use Of Public Funds.
According to the statement, Mallam Abdulhakeem Garba, chairman of the Correspondents’ Chapel, maintained that the award is meant to be a yearly tradition created to acknowledge governors, CEOs, as well aa commending hardworking Journalists in the state who have served with distinction each year.
Garba said that the process of arriving at the winners of the award was painstaking, expansive and thorough.
“Governors Abdulrazak and Oyetola emerged from a list of entries solicited discretely from far and wide.
“The governors, according to the team that vetted the entries, were noted to have demonstrated rare leadership skills in governance in their respective states,” he said
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting
- Soludo suspends LG chairman over wife’s death
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq