Governorship candidate of the Young Progressives Party, YPP in the forthcoming election in Anambra State, Senator Ifeanyi Ubah, has sought the support all indigenes of the state in America with a view to emerging victorious at the poll.
Ubah, who is the current lawmaker representing Anambra South Senatorial District, made the calls in New York City and New Jersey during his ongoing “Meet and Greet” interactive sessions in the United States of America.
The governorship hopeful, açcording to a statement issued on Tuesday by the Head of Media and Strategic Communications of his campaign organisation, Chuks Kamen, and made available to our correspondent in Abuja, promised a massive infrastructural and developmental change in the fortunes of the state if elected in the November 6 election
The statement added that Ubah, who was elated by the warm reception accorded him by his audience, took time to outline the contents of his “ASSET” working document as well as the manifesto both of which contains his action plans that will bring about an Anambra that will become the commercial nerve centre of the nation with attendant infrastructural developments built to last generations.
He assured the audience, some of whom wore his party uniform to the event in solidarity that he is well prepared for the task of restoring the glory of Anambra, likening the state to a trailer that needs an experienced hand to navigate and not a greenhorn.
“There is no cogent reason for denying local governments their rights to having elected representatives managing their affairs at the local level and receiving their allocations directly from the federal government. I signed a pact with Ndi Anambra during my declaration tour of various local government areas that I will conduct local government elections in my first six months in office. I wish to reiterate that once again to your hearing,” the governorship candidate promised.
The statement said the interactive sessions were highly successful, disclosing that the Senator has since proceeded to Los Angeles for another interactive and manifesto presentation in California.
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities