The Permanent Representative of Nigeria to ECOWAS, Ambassador Babatunde Nurudeen, has called for patriotism among Nigerians in a bid to developing communities across the nation.
The envoy stated on Thursday when he received members of the Ilorin Emirate Youth Development Association, (IEYDA), ROYAL NEWS reports.
According to him, “Community development is the responsibility of everyone in order to accelerate growth and development of our dear nation.”
Amb. Nurudeen also acknowledged the association for embarking on annual empowerment programme to alleviate the suffering of his people and charged them to sustain the tempo.
The president of the group, Alhaji Abdullahi Babatunde Salaudeen, had earlier disclosed some of the aims and objectives of the association such as identifying the problems and alleviating the suffering of the masses and providing succour to their plights.
He said: “The purpose of the visit by the association is in preparation for the forthcoming annual empowerment programme. The association had contributed positively to the growth of Ilorin Emirate and the state in general in the area of empowerment programme and communities development.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week