INEC to release voters’ register in Kwara Nov 6.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is to display register of voters in all the 1,872 polling units of Kwara State from Tuesday,
November 6 to Monday, November 12, 2018 ROYAL NEWS has learnt.
This was contained in a statement on Sunday in Ilorin by the Commission’s Head of Voter Education and Publicity, Mr Jacob Ayanda on
behalf of the state’s INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner.
Ayanda said the display would allow people with claims and objections to raise such through INEC officials at their wards headquarters at
the same period.
He also said that collection of Permanent Voter’s Cards (PVC), would be carried out during the display of the register.
“The exercise is to weed the register of deceased, non-Nigerians and under aged voters. It will also help tackle cases of double
registration.This is an opportunity to keep our register credible and be armed with our PVCs, as we prepare for the 2019 General Elections.”
He therefore called on the electorate to make use of the opportunity to check their names on the register, adding that, “So, avail yourself this opportunity. Note that Saturdays and Sundays are inclusive.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate President: Group canvasses support for Akpabio
- Adamawa re-run election: CAN calls for calm
- FG confirms May 3 for commencement of 2023 Census
- Gov Adeleke entertains supporters with drumming skills (Video)
- Igbos will worship Tinubu if he can create seaport in Anambra– Cossy Ojiakor
- WAAFA: Cleric seeks support for orphans, less privileged
- Ilorin Emir’s palace ramadan tafsir begins on Monday
- INEC set to issue Certificate of Return to govs, deputy govs-elect
- Facts about Gen. Oladipo Diya as he dies at 79
- DSS raises alarm over plot to incite violence