Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri of Adamawa State has banned the use of motorcycles in Mbamba, Yolde Pate and Ngurore communities of Yola South Local Government.
Fintiri who issued the executive order, also banned their use in Viniklang and Federal Housing Estate in Girei Local Government Area from 5pm to 5am.
Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou said in a statement on Tuesday February 8, that the decision was taken to curb the growing activities of criminals disrupting the peace of the state.
The statement read;
“Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Motorcycles Executive Order No.1 of 2022 comes into effect on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 until further notice.
“They have become a threat to the peace, wellbeing, security and stability of the state’s political and economic systems, as well as their effect on continuous development which must be effectively curtailed.”
While defaulters face risk of prosecution, those with genuine reason such as seeking medical attention, providing care and assistance to the vulnerable or travelling for purpose of work classified as essential service will be exempted.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory