Friends and family of singer, Sound Sultan, are offering prayers to God today August 19 to mark his 40 days death anniversary.
The singer passed on July 11 after battling with cancer.
In a post shared on her instagram page this morning, Farida, the widow of the singer, expressed sadness at losing the singer whom she described as her hero. In her post, Farida mentioned that it has been so hard to accept that she will be living without him but that she has chosen to accept surrender to the will of Allah.
Her post reads;
”40 days since you left and it’s still so hard to accept that I’ll be living without you… more like I’m just existing without you.
Today, I choose to surrender to the will of Almighty Allah. I take solace in the fact that you are not suffering or in any pain. You fought the good fight. You lived an exemplary life. You will forever be my Hero… my MVP.
I love you forever Olanrewaju Abdulganiyu Fasasi. #SSNN ?
Dear friends, join us today as we gather to pray for my beloved.”
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92