Chief Pius Anyim, former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
According to SaharaReporters Anyim is in detention where he is being interrogated by EFCC officials.
The former SFG was arrested by the anti-graft agency over alleged fraud involving the Centenary City in Abuja.
The report said Anyim, who was SGF under the immediate past administration of Goodluck Jonathan, is being interrogated by the Commission’s operatives.
The house also said Anyim and his associates flouted existing laws guiding the Abuja land swap policy for personal gains.
The project in question, which cost over $18 billion, had Anyim as a major driver.
On February 3, Anyim, while appearing before the committee, accused Herman Hembe, the committee’s chairman, of “deep-seated personal bias”
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92