Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq on Friday constituted a 12-member Inter-Religious Council (IREC) comprising elder statesmen, women and clergies drawn from the Muslim and Christian communities in the state.
The chairman of the IREC is the Emir of Shonga and renowned peace advocate Dr. Haliru Yahya Ndanusa. Other members are former Grand Khadi Justice Idris Haroon; Justice Olatunji Bamgbola; Special Assistant to the Governor on Religion (Islam) Zubair Ibrahim Dan Maigoro; soon-to-be named Special Assistant to the Governor on Religion (Christianity); former Commissioner of Education and FOMWAN leader Hajia Halimat Yusuf; former Permanent Secretary Dr. Mrs Rhoda Ajiboye; Dr. Sobur Alaaya; Venerable Moses Lasisi Abegunde; Prof. Mrs Feyi Grace Adepoju; Elder Stephen Wole Oke; and director Ministry of Special Duties Ishola Maryam Idowu (Secretary).
The council, an advisory body, is to promote religious interaction, understanding and harmony between the two principal faith communities in Kwara State.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment