JUST IN… Kwara Confirms 2 Cases Of Yellow Fever
The State Commissioner for Health, Hon. Sulaiman Alege, while confirming the development during an interview with newsmen in Ilorin, the state capital, said the two cases were identified after a laboratory analysis carried out at a virology unit in Lagos.
Alege noted that he had earlier led the state’s epidemiology team for pooling effort and investigation in the affected area and surrounding communities and took samples of 38 people out of which two were confirmed positive to yellow fever.
He explained that a joint team from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, National Primary Health Care Development Agency and the World Health Organisation Country Office are already in the area for further analysis.
He admitted that the area is susceptible to such ailments due to the population and advised residents of the area and the state in general to take personal hygiene more seriously.
Alege who put the ages of the two patients at 10 and 12 said that the government would strengthen its sensitisation programmes with a view to containing the spread of the ailment.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Nigeria to launch two more satellites into space soon – Defence Agency
- NSCDC arrests 9 over alleged meter bypass in Osun
- INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
- Osun Govt explains delay of civil servants’ March salaries
- Singer “Portable” cooling feet in police custody
- Interim Govt: DSS raising fake alarm, ploy to arrest opposition– Atiku
- Yul Edochie reports son’s death to Police for investigation
- Election: Nigerians in USA get permission to hold protest opposite White House
- Github fires its entire India engineering team, over 140 employees
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)