Your assessment of the election?
So far so good, we have had some incidence of card readers not working and missing ballot papers all over the state. But everything is calm and security is also good.
The turn out has been good.
What is the prospect of your party in the polls?
APC campaigned throughout the federation but PDP did not. They were banking on something or somebody to rig the election. President (Muhammadu Buhari) campaigned vigorously, our senatorial and all National Assembly candidates campaigned vigorously. They were very confident that APC would win the presidential and National Assembly elections.
Advice to the voters
My advice to them is to be calm, wait in lines especially where the card readers did not work. We have had about the manual voting. So long you are on the queue before 2pm, you are entitled to vote. People should be vigilant and not allow people they don’t know in their polling booths to vote.
Allegations over clampdown on opposition
Over the past, I have been attacked four times, nothing has happened. Two people were killed in Offa. Day before yesterday, we were campaign with Vice President on ground. Five people were shot. I was at the General Hospital, I saw it. So, can you blame the police for reacting?
They only arrested suspects and they are under investigation. You have seen the O’ to Ge movement is now a mass mobilisation thing. They cannot win, so they have resorted to violence and rigging.
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget