The Kwara State House of Assembly, has passed the bill for law providing for the establishment of the State’s Vocational Technical and Entrepreneurship Development College, (IVTEC), Ajase Ipo.
The passage of the bill into law, followed the consideration of the report, on the bill, in which salient issues bordering on the management, composition of the Governing Council, funding mechanism and appointments were considered at the committee of the whole.
However, funding mechanism in which the state government would nurse the institution for 5 years generated heated debate among members as some members, were of the view that five years were grossly inadequate for the state government to hands-off from its funding; to make itself sustaining.
Speaking after the passage of the bill, the Speaker, Dr Ali Ahmad, directed the Clerk to the House, Alhaji Ahmed Katsina Mohammed, to prepare clean copy for the Governor’s assent.
Meanwhile, the State House of Assembly, has described the Senate President Dr, Bukola Saraki, as a political colossus, a visionary leader, astute politician, and philanthropist per excellence, who had impacted positively on the lives of the people.
This is a part of the resolutions of the House following a Matter of Public Importance raised by the House Leader, Hon. Hassan Oyeleke on the 55th birthday anniversary of the Senate President.
Responding, the Speaker, said the Senate President, deserved to be celebrated, on the occasion of his 55th birthday, in view of his pedigree, sterling qualities and outstanding achievements, which according to him made him to be ” a worthy example of Kwarans in position of authority”.
The House equally in its Tuesday’s Sitting, received report on the 2018 Appropriation Bill, laid on the table, by the chairman, House Committee on Finance and Appropriation, Hon. Mashood Bakare.
The Speaker, has therefore directed the House Committee on Rules and Business to slate the report for final consideration on Wednesday.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents