By Olakunle Adeniyi
The Kwara State House of Assembly has directed the State Youth Empowerment Office other relevant government Agencies to appear before its relevant committee to brief the House on the status and progress of N- Power in the State.
The House resolved to invite the affected stakeholders following a motion on ” Re-assessing the status of N-Power in Kwara State ” raised by a member representing Ilorin North West Constituency Hon. Abdul Rafiu Abdul Rahman.
The Deputy Speaker, Elder Mathew Okedare who presided over the Thursday’s plenary of the House, said the invitation would enable the House to have first hand information on the status and progress of the Scheme and advice appropriately.
Hon AbdulRahman had while moving the motion, enumerated the benefits of the scheme, but observed the the programme was permeated with the inability of about 1,500 beneficiaries from the 16 Local Government Area of the state to access their monthly stipends, since the inception of the first batch of the scheme.
He therefore urged the House to wade in with a view to finding enduring solutions to the problems bedevilling the Scheme in the State.
Other members who spoke on the motion, expressed displeasure over the inadequacies that characterize the scheme in the State and urged the House to invite the desk officer of the programme in the State and other relevant stakeholders, with a view to addressing the problem once and for all.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements