Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has said there was no clash between the people of Ajase-Ipo and the Fulani or Bororo community, saying the Friday incident in Kara (Ajase-Ipo) involved some cattle traders in Kara and members of a group who were travelling through the area from a neighbouring state.
The Governor had gone to the town on Saturday to inspect the Kara market and visit the palace of the Olupo of Ajase-Ipo where he met with different community leaders and commiserated with those affected.
He urged citizens to avoid resorting to violence for whatever reasons.
AbdulRazaq commended the Olupo of Ajase-Ipo Oba Ismail Yahya Alebiosu and the security agencies for acting swiftly to curb escalation of the crisis.
“There is really no reason to continue to point fingers. What happened was regrettable and we sincerely commiserate with families who lost their loved ones and properties. The violence was needless. We also in the name of God do not need a cycle of violence; I appeal to everyone to let go and avoid further violence,” the Governor said in a statement.
“Going forward, a government committee will look into how to prevent such crisis in the future, including creating a setback for markets like the Kara in Ajase-Ipo which are so close to the highway. Again, I appeal to all persons involved to shun blame games and anything that may trigger violence.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment