The Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Danladi, has expressed shock over the death of a member representing Patigi constituency, Hon. Ahmed Saidu Rufai.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the lawmaker died at University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, (UITH) at the early hours of Tuesday after a long battle with illness.
A statement signed by Sherrif Ibrahim, the Special Assistant, Media to the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Salihu Yakubu Danladi said: “It is with heavy heart and total submission to the will of Almighty Allah that we announce the death of our colleague, Hon. Ahmed Saidu Rufai representing Patigi constituency”.
“This is an unexpected situation that caught us in a rude shock, but unfortunately, the Almighty deprived us of the power to reverse such sad occurrence”, Danladi said.
“As we struggle to live with this tragic development and the vacuum that comes with it, we pray that Allah in His infinite mercy forgive his shortcomings and give his family, the 9th Assembly, Patigi Emirate, friends and associate and Kwara state at large, the fortitude to bear this great loss.”
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter
- BREAKING…. Foremost Nigerian Emir, Muhammadu Sunusi II is dead
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training