The Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Danladi, has expressed shock over the death of a member representing Patigi constituency, Hon. Ahmed Saidu Rufai.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the lawmaker died at University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, (UITH) at the early hours of Tuesday after a long battle with illness.
A statement signed by Sherrif Ibrahim, the Special Assistant, Media to the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Salihu Yakubu Danladi said: “It is with heavy heart and total submission to the will of Almighty Allah that we announce the death of our colleague, Hon. Ahmed Saidu Rufai representing Patigi constituency”.
“This is an unexpected situation that caught us in a rude shock, but unfortunately, the Almighty deprived us of the power to reverse such sad occurrence”, Danladi said.
“As we struggle to live with this tragic development and the vacuum that comes with it, we pray that Allah in His infinite mercy forgive his shortcomings and give his family, the 9th Assembly, Patigi Emirate, friends and associate and Kwara state at large, the fortitude to bear this great loss.”
- Aisha Buhari fires Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu (FULL STATEMENT)
- Senate probes N20trn unremitted stamp duties from banks, others
- Senate escapes cracks, drops Confidence Vote on Lawan
- Senate moves to halt petroleum tankers’ accidents
- Senate considers bill to boost food security
- Buhari seeks Senate’s approval of new FIRS, AMCON bosses
- See where Buhari is going tomorrow
- Governor sacks 51 workers for boycotting screening
- Buhari appoints new FIRS Chairman
- EFCC recovers 10 properties, over N3.6bn in Kwara