Kwara Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board says it has perfected arrangement to commence the refund of hajj fares to all the 1,700 intending pilgrims of the aborted 2020 and 2021 pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.
The Executive Secretary of the board, Alhaji AbdulGaniyu Ahmed, disclosed this during an interview with ROYAL NEWS in Ilorin on Wednesday.
ROYAL NEWS recalls that Saudi Arabian authorities had, in June, announced the restriction of the annual pilgrimage to citizens and residents, and set a maximum of 60,000 pilgrims in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The executive secretary, who described the development as unfortunate, said that the board was ready to fully refund the hajj fare to any interested intending pilgrim.
He said that interested pilgrims in all the 16 local government areas of the state and beyond could apply to the board for the refund of the fare.
He, however, said that interested pilgrims could roll over their fares for future pilgrimage.
“Any interested intending pilgrims, who desire a refund, should apply to the board with necessary documents. The board is ready to refund them,” he said.
ROYAL NEWS reports that all the intending pilgrims had been vaccinated twice against COVlD-19, as part of preparations for the aborted holy pilgrimage.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG