AUTHORITY of the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) has accredited 52 academic programs of the Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin.
NBTE Director of Polytechnic Programmes of the NBTE, Architect, Ngbede Ogoh, expressed satisfactions with the provisions on grounds, noting that the institution is known for her products globally.
Mr. Abdulkadir Yunus Lasiele, the Polytechnic spokesman stated this in a statement issued on Friday.
He reported Ogoh to have said: “We are not surprised by your preparation on this accreditation exercise, because your products, all over the world speak volumes of the Polytechnic in term of their brilliant performance in all fields.
“We will only advise you not to relent on the standard known with the Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin, also make sure you rectify all the grey areas observed by the resource persons. ”
Earlier, NBTE Director of North Central Zone, Dr. Hatim Musa Koko, advised all resource persons to identify only the grey areas for the Polytechnic to know where to address after the accreditation exercise.
He commended the visionary style of the Rector, Dr. Jimoh Mohammed Abdul in respect of some newly introduced academic programmes.
Koko further called on the management not to rest on her oars by introducing more courses that would keep the teaming admission seekers from roaming the streets.
Meanwhile, the Kwara Polytechnic’s Rector, Dr. Jimoh Mohammed Abdul, pledged to rectify all the grey areas observed by the resource persons even as he applauded them for engaging in thorough job.
Abdul therefore, expressed appreciations to the NBTE for maintaining standard in the Polytechnic sector, promising that the Polytechnic will not shy away from her responsibilities as a technologically oriented schools.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG