Speaker, Kwara State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Dr. Ali Ahmad has lamented the death of the former minister of education, Alhaji Saka Saadu who died at the early hours of Monday, describing him as a man that lived a life worthy of emulation.
In a statement issued by his Special Assistant on Media, Shuaib AbdulKadir, Ahmad said that his death was a great loss not only to Ilorin Emirate, Kwara State but to the entire Nigeria as a whole.
The Speaker who was among the dignitaries and sympathisers that took part in the former minister’s Jannazah at his Asileke family Compound, Ilorin added that late Sa’adu would be sorely missed.
He described the late educationist as a great reformer who contributed immensely to Nigeria’s educational development, adding that his vast knowledge and experience was always helpful to successive administrations, especially in the education sector.
The speaker maintained that late Saadu’s positive contribution to Kwara State as a former Permanent Secretary and Secretary to the State Government could not be quantified while his legacy in the system has continued to be improved upon.
According to him, We’ll surely miss him. He lived a good life and we thank God Almighty Allah for the life he has lived. It is our hope that the Ilorin Emirate as a community, the people and the family that he has left behind will continue with the good work that he has done.
The speaker however prayed Allah in His infinite mercy to forgive the deceased of his sins and shortcomings and grant him Al-Janah Firdaus.
While praying God to grant the family the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable and irreparable loss, he enjoined them to sustain the legacy left behind by the former minister as a way of immortalising him.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC