Chairman of the Kwara State Internal Revenue Service (KWIRS), Dr Muritala Awodun has disclosed that the agency’s projection for 2018 stands at N38 billion.
He also assured that KWIRS community impacts programme would be more intensive in the current year.
Awodun, who made this known during a media parley in Ilorin on Tuesday, said the agency will soon begin the automation of revenue collection in Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDA’s) in the State.
He added that the automation will stop the use of cash in any transaction and residents will make payment for services electronically.
Amodun further maintained that the provision of e-payment platform in MDA’s by the State government will block revenue leakages.
The KWIRS boss noted that the change in people, process and technology of revenue collection had led to an increase in the State Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the State.
He disclosed that the agency had generated more than N37.34 billion within its 2 years of existence, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Awodun said that the agency realized a total of N17.4b in 2016, as against the N7.2b generated by the defunct Bureau of Internal Revenue in 2015. He added that in 2017, KWIRS raked in N19.94b.
He, however, disclosed that the agency’s projection for 2018 stands at N38 billion, assuring the tax payers that the agency’s community impacts programme would be more intensive in the current year.
He added that the drastic improvement in the State’s internal revenue was also as a result of compliance by residents, which he said has led to increase in the monitoring of government’s programmes by taxpayers.
The chairman also reiterated that the expectations of taxpayers as regards infrastructure will be met, noting that the improved IGR of the state had enabled the government to embark on infrastructural projects across the State.
He said that the agency will set up offices in different parts of the State for easy advocacy and tax collection.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates