The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has described the Lagos-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail project as one of the manifestations of President Muhammadu Buhari led administration promises.
Alhaji Mohammed stated this when he accompanied the Minister of Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi on inspection of the project to assess the level of work done due to the stalling of project as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Speaking on the loans acquired by the Buhari administration, the Minister said the several loans acquired are being effectively invested, saying that nothing is bad in borrowing funds provided what is borrowed is invested on infrastructure that create jobs and an enabling environment for economic growth.
“For those who are asking where we are burning the money we borrowed, you can now see where the money is. We made a promise to Nigerians and this is one of the manifestations of what we have been able to do.
“There is no better way to answer Nigerians as to what we have done with the money we have borrowed than this trip,” he told the over 40 journalists who accompanied them on the inspection.
”On this trip, you have seen first hand the stations being constructed, the rail lines and the people who are working on the projects.
“Rather than arguing with critics, we opted to allow you (journalists) – the ears and eyes of Nigerians – to come and see for yourselves what we are doing with the money we are borrowing,” he said.
” We didn’t borrow money for services, we did not borrow money for overhead expenditure, we borrowed money to do capital projects, roads bridges, power generally infrastructure and this is the first this administration in the series of inspections we are going to go along with you so that you can better enlighten Nigerians that there is nothing bad in borrowing provided that borrowing is invested in infrastructure, create jobs and create an enabling an environment for the economy
“Please come and see for yourselves what we are doing with the money we borrowed. I am very excited because of the work done here” Mohammed stated.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections