Lawan felicitates with ex-Gov Akande at 82
By Olugbenga Salami
Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has felicitated with former Governor of Osun State, Chief Bisi Akande, on the occasion of his 82nd birthday.
Lawan, according to a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media, Ola Awoniyi, rejoices with the family, friends and political associates of the former governor and first interim National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC as they celebrate the joyous occasion.
“In his roles as a state governor and party leader, Chief Akande made indelible contributions to governance and political development in Nigeria.
“His achievements as the first governor of Osun in this democratic dispensation and as the leader of the APC in its formative stage shall always remain remarkable and have cemented his position among leaders of consequence in Nigeria.
“Chief Akande’s integrity, consistency, focus, level-headedness, firmness as a leader and principle-based politics make him an elder statesman to be emulated, especially by those who take or aspire to public offices,” Lawan said.
The Senate President prayed for more years of good health for the former governor so that he can continue to contribute to the development of his beloved Nigeria.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Nigeria to launch two more satellites into space soon – Defence Agency
- NSCDC arrests 9 over alleged meter bypass in Osun
- INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
- Osun Govt explains delay of civil servants’ March salaries
- Singer “Portable” cooling feet in police custody
- Interim Govt: DSS raising fake alarm, ploy to arrest opposition– Atiku
- Yul Edochie reports son’s death to Police for investigation
- Election: Nigerians in USA get permission to hold protest opposite White House
- Github fires its entire India engineering team, over 140 employees
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)