Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar has said that Nigerians should not deceive themselves as things are not alright in the country.
The monarch said this while speaking at a National Security Summit in Abuja. The Sultan also revealed that for over 11 years as a traditional ruler, he has participated in several discussions on Nigeria’s national security.
He added that it is now time for leaders to execute actions rather than mere talks. The Sultan said;
“Let us not deceive ourselves that things are alright, things are not alright.
“We know it and we see it. For some of us, we have seen so much in our lives.
“Now things are really very bad. It doesn’t take anybody to know that Nigeria is in a very bad situation and it is a fact.
“In the last one and a half months, we have had three serious gatherings like this with the highest security echelons, leaderships in the country.
“Today, we are here once again to talk on the same issues of national security. I think enough of these talks, let us walk the talk.
“The more we sit here and talk, the more time we waste in taking real actions because we know the problems.”
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption
- DSS Didn’t Arrest Kano Guber Tribunal Judge — Spokesperson
- Bandits kill 10 farmers during harvest in Borno— Lawmaker
- Wike approves revocation of 165 plots of land in FCT
- Breaking….Kano govt. lifts 24hrs curfew
- Commissioner seeks synergy with revenue agency in Kwara
- We’re committed to Gov. AbdulRazaq’s Ease-of-Doing-Business in Kwara–Commissioner
- Kwara Govt launches distribution of textbooks, sports kits for public basic schools