Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar has said that Nigerians should not deceive themselves as things are not alright in the country.
The monarch said this while speaking at a National Security Summit in Abuja. The Sultan also revealed that for over 11 years as a traditional ruler, he has participated in several discussions on Nigeria’s national security.
He added that it is now time for leaders to execute actions rather than mere talks. The Sultan said;
“Let us not deceive ourselves that things are alright, things are not alright.
“We know it and we see it. For some of us, we have seen so much in our lives.
“Now things are really very bad. It doesn’t take anybody to know that Nigeria is in a very bad situation and it is a fact.
“In the last one and a half months, we have had three serious gatherings like this with the highest security echelons, leaderships in the country.
“Today, we are here once again to talk on the same issues of national security. I think enough of these talks, let us walk the talk.
“The more we sit here and talk, the more time we waste in taking real actions because we know the problems.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport