The media committee of Maina Zazzau Campaign Organisation on Monday, criticized the sack of over 36,000 workers by the Kaduna State Government.
The group in a statement issued in Kaduna by its Secretary, Ibrahim Zango said that the action of the government would create poverty, hunger and raise the crime rate in the state.
The committee, which coordinates media activities of Dr Muhammed Sani-Bello, a governorship aspirant under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), added that the move would also erode gains made in reducing unemployment by President Muhammadu Buhari.
“This move is not only insensitive to the extreme economic hardship plaguing the citizens, but will also create unemployment.
“It’s a scheme set to undo the minimal gains recorded by President Muhammadu Buhari’s N-power project and the economic diversification programme of this administration,” the group said.
The group believed that, if the ultimate objective of the state government was massive reduction of workforce across ministries, Departments and Agencies, “there were better ways of doing it.
” We stand in complete opposition to the anti -workers policies of governor Nasir El-Rufa’i that are deepening poverty and deprivations as well as circumscribing the fundamental rights of the people, particularly workers in the state.
” The basic minimum is that the principle of collective bargaining in Labour relations as enshrined in our national Labour laws and conventions of the International Labour Organization must be followed,” it added.
The group also advised the governor to put in place measures to cushion the serious social consequences of adding 36,000 workers and their families to the number of unemployed people in the state “at a period when crime rate is growing at a frightening speed.“
It would be recalled that the state government had said that there was no going back on its ongoing reform of the civil service.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents