Kwara State Council of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), has directed all workers in the state, both public and private sectors and members of Civil Society Organisations to join the NLC rally on minimum wage on Tuesday.
NLC Chairman in the State, Comrade Yekini Agunbiade made this known in a letter addressed to the State Governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed on Friday.
He added that the import of the letter was to inform the Governor that all workers, market men and women as well as artisans would take part in the sensitisation rally called by the National body of NLC.
Agunbiade, in the letter titled: “Directive on National rally on new minimum wage” said total mobilisation of Workers across the country should commence immediately.
“It has become obvious that the Federal Government is foot-dragging or unwilling to implement the N30, 000 as agreed by the Tripartite Committee on New national minimum wage.
“The rally is to sensitise workers and Nigerians on the New Minimum Wage issue should be held in all the States of the Federation, including FCT, Abuja on Tuesday 30thOctober, 2018,” Agunbiade added.
According to the NLC Chairman, the rally, which will begin from 8am was in preparation for an indefinite nation-strike to commence on November 6, 2018.
Agunbiade said the rally would take-off from the Labour House through Lajorin Street/Muritala Mohammed Way-Post office-Emir’s Road-Taiwo Isale-Unity Road-A-Division Round About-Ahmadu Bello Way to Government House.
“Consequent upon the above, the leadership of the Congress and all workers of the State of Harmony are looking forward to Your Excellency’s cooperation and understanding in this regard,” he said.
Copy of the letter was sent to SA on Labour Matter, SSS, Commissioner of Police, NSCDC, FRSC and Head of Service.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC